We are very excited to inform you that on Wednesday 5th February international BMX rider Kelvin Batey will be coming to school to meet with our children. The purpose of the event is:
- To inspire the pupils, sharing his own personal experience as a UCI world champion BMX rider.
- To encourage them to think about their future possibilities (one of our curriculum drivers).
- To promote the characteristics of an athlete, so that the pupils know what personal traits and skills they require to be successful.
- To explore the importance on fitness for physical and mental well being.
- To raise money for sports equipment for school.
On the day, all pupils will require their PE kits and a water bottle as they will all be participating in the fitness circuit, comprising of the following four exercises: spotty dogs, leg drives, push ups and star jumps.
Sponsorship forms have been sent home with the children today. They include details on the event, how to raise money (via the online fundraising page or the paper version) and some fun activities for the children to complete.
We hope that this event will be great fun and inspiring for all of our children to enjoy.